25 Mar 2012

Encounter

We did some more things in New York.

We went to Broadway to see a show. It was hard to pick one but we choose classic musical, Mamma Mia.
To be honest, it wasn't that attractive for myself at first and I had rather see other modern musical as I am not very interested in ABBA and thought it was too old fashioned. But actually I was wrong. You should not hold it cheap. After the show, I couldn't stop singing songs of ABBA on the street since I turned into a dancing queen! Well, I'm susceptible to influence. Classics are always the best!
Meanwhile I & Eri were really into the musical, there was a girl sleeping very peacefully bought a  $70 ticket right next to us. It was Mina.lol  We woke her up but it didn't worked. We talked about our favorite scenes after the show and Mina's was the scene big moon was on the stage that was the last of last of the show. Such a lovable girl!


My most important thing when I go to abroad is going clubbing. But it is hard to find out good clubs in abroad.We searched for it beforehand on the internet and got lost. Then we met a guy wearing a very big black hat in a subway told us how to get the place. And he also recommended us a good club that he was going to that night. The place was called "BAR 13" and the music was drum'n' base which I don't really listen to usually. So we decided to go to the hip-hop and R&B club that we were supposed to go. We said thanks and bye to him, and headed to the place. 

But there was a trouble we couldn't get in. We didn't understand and know why, the doorman just said "Today is a private party, you won't be able to get in." even though we searched for the party on the internet.  We depressed after all the way through. We thought going back to the hostel but it's a New York night. We made up our mind to go to "BAR 13". It was right decision for me.

There was a small club has 2 floors and full of interesting people. And we met the black hat guy again and thanked him again. We, well, mainly I, because other two girls are not really in to music actually, had a great fun at the place even there wasn't my type of music. In reality it was the best night in New York for me. I went to other 2 clubs during the trip but Bar 13 was the best since it was proper local New York club, and people all loved music.

Other two were also fun and playing hip-hop which I love, but it was something different. The place was too big and packed but I felt people in there weren't look happy and love music. It was what just I felt. But feelings are vital. Bar 13 has much better atmosphere. And think about how I got to the place. Meeting people means something. People you meet during trips always lead you somewhere or something you need. I really feel that and believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment