5 Apr 2012

The Last Day

I want to finish it. I want to finish writing about the trip to New York... It's been 2 months since I came back. But I can't. I can not finish it until I write about what happened on the last day.

So, we enjoyed NY till completely knocked ourselves out. We were exhausted and time went so fast. We felt time is flying. Our trip was 5 nights 7 days. But yes, it was so quick. We had done too many things, well, mainly shopping, but still it wasn't enough. However the last day came up.

On the day before last day, we went clubbing since it was Friday night. It was our last night in NY. The place wasn't really packed even it was Friday night though. After that we started packing and believe me, after big big shopping, it was tough. We were supposed to have some sleep but we couldn't. It took a few hours actually and each of our luggage got extraordinary heavy. We had to carry 3 of them and some heavy extra bags to the down stairs using stairs from 4th floor since the hotel doesn't have an elevator. A bellboy helped us after one but he was also struggling.

We checked out the hotel, called a taxi and headed to the airport. In the taxi, we felt sad and sentimental to go back to Japan and normal life. We had so much exciting time. I wished I could stay longer. We said bye to our New York City.

After we got to the airport, we had to check in flight naturally, but it took time. Sometimes the check-in-machine irritates you. We couldn't check in. We asked to a staff but we were sent around from one to another. After some staffs, we found out the problem. The female staff said, "Your ticket is for tomorrow. " Wonder left us speechless. "Surprise!" Cheerfully she said.

I couldn't believe what I heard. We misunderstood the date and day at some point. I mean we believed the day was Saturday but actually it was still Friday. What a surprise! Looking back now, there was full of strange things. First of all, the hotel's receptionist had mentioned when we check out that we were leaving a day early. But we had no doubt about it and thought we booked wrongly. We had never thought that we were misunderstanding the day! Besides, and club that was supposed to open that day was closed, a museum that supposed to close was open and so on... How stupid we were! It was like a nightmare. Now it makes sense that we felt time went too fast.

I was at my wit's end. We already checked out the accommodation, and we were running out of money. We called the hotel and the receptionist was laughing because it happened even though she mentioned earlier. But thank her, we managed to go back to the hotel. And also we could afford a taxi to go back somehow.

It was awkward. We went back same way that we said bye to the city. The hotel's staffs were laughing at us and the bellboy had to bring up our extraordinary heavy 3 lagguages to 4th floor again.

Well, on the last day, other 2 girls were exhausted after dinner but I went out for clubbing by my self for real NY Friday night! It was packed.

Good bye NY photo at the hotel's lobby on the Friday we thought


The actual Friday night dinner

1 comment:

  1. My name is Rihards Bambals and I am researcher of political sciences from Riga, Republic of Latvia. I am researching human security in Japan after natural disasters of March, 2011. I would be most grateful for your help. Could you please help to distribute a short message with request to anyone you may reach in Japan to follow a link below, in order to participate in an online survey (in English and Japanese) about human sense of their security (human security) in Japan after last year's catastrophies. I would be thankful if you could send a request with a short message and link to as many people as possible as I need a couple of thousands more respondents from Japan in order to complete my research.


    Follow this link to start answering questions: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=dc4nlj38dry6cwr32141


    It takes only around 7 minutes to complete the survey by answering 11 questions (all multiple choice, easy to answer). All answers will stay anonymous and will be used only for scientific purposes.

    Please invite your family members, friends, university students, work colleagues and other people to participate in the survey. Every answer will help to improve my international research as well as academical knowledge in Latvia about Japan.


    Thank you!



    Sincerely,

    Rihards Bambals

    ReplyDelete